Below is information on how to whitelist email messages from Les Explorateurs with AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Apple Mail. Even if your email program or internet service provider (ISP) is not listed, these instructions should help you figure out how to whitelist our email address at any ISP or with any email program.
Important: If you find email from email@example.com or
Whitelist an email in Gmail
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
4. Click “Add Simply Hired to Contacts list”
In order to whitelist an email address in AOL, you must add it to your AOL address book.
1. Search for email from us in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the Not Spam button.
2. Click the Contacts link (or open yourAOL Address Book)
3. Click the +New button.
4. In the New Contact window, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Click Another email, and enter email@example.com
6. Click “Create”
New Subscribers: Add the From address to your AOL address book:
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load.
4. Once loaded, cut and paste the From email address into the Other E-Mail field.
5. Make our From address the Primary E-Mail address by checking the associated check box.
6. Click the Save button.
2. Be sure that the address firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
1. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
2. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
3. On the Filters page, click “Add”
4. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and firstname.lastname@example.org, which tells the system to put email with email@example.com in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
5. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
6. Pick the Add Filter button
7. Do the same for firstname.lastname@example.org
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if the email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find either of them on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste explorateurs.org.au where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add groupleader@explorateurs.
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on “New Card”
5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste email@example.com to the email dialog box
6. Click “Ok”
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
9. Click “Ok”
1. Scroll up to the message header.
2. Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address.
3. Select and copy the email address to the clipboard.
4. Go into Address Book and find the user.
5. Select Save.
6. Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address.
7. Paste it in and click Save.
Apple Mail for OS X
1. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
2. Go to the Rules tab
3. Select Add Rule
4. Give this rule a name such as “Explorateurs”
5. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “explorateurs.org.au”
6. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
7. Click “OK”
Whitelist and Email in Other Web Mail Providers
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for whitelisting our address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this.
In most cases, just by adding the From address to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
If the email is not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find the email, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select the email and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.